Friday, January 23, 2009

Everyone needs a best friend like Shelly!


Monday was an awful day! I found out that one of the companies I work for was closing it's doors. I was shocked as well as everyone else. They made the announcement in the afternoon and handed us all a paper explaining what would be happening with our final checks and benefits. Lucky for me I work for 2 companies and one of them wasn't closing down. They offered a job to me but with a $3.00 an hour cut in pay. (They were only use to paying half my wage and didn't want to step up and pay the entire amount) Ouch!!!!! I didn't dare pass it up knowing how many people didn't have a job. I however, am a little stressed and feeling demoted. I will be doing basically the same things I have been doing for over a year now just making less. It's hard to feel devalued. On Tuesday, flowers arrived at my work. These colorful daisies made a situation a little better and brightened my day. My friend Shelly is an awesome friend. She is always there when I need someone to talk to or lift me up when I am down. I am so lucky to have a friend like Shelly.

1 comment:

  1. Dana Rae, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. These are truly hard times. I think it will get even harder before it gets better... but it WILL get better, and we'll all be stronger for the struggles! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete